Saturday, April 11, 2009

hey cupcake :)








i was so happy to finally get a chance to play with Laura's Sketch #23 at 2sketches4you last night. as usual, i changed some of the elements of the sketch and/ or moved them around, but i used the basic idea, and came up with a pretty cute card :)

did you like my natural lighting? i woke up this morning to take the picture, and i decided to pop outside and see what i could do... i put the card in the stand on the porch railing (thankfully there were no gusts of wind that knocked it over!) and took a few snapshots.

again, i'm using the red, black, and white combo--so crisp and elegant. i used VELVET ribbon on this, buttons from my stash, a Fiskars border punch, and stamps from Starving Artists (the cupcake) and Impress Rubber Stamps (the sentiment). i paper pieced the cupcake together with cardstock and patterrned paper from American Crafts, and i even popped out the icing like i did in a previous post, and i love the end result! today is one of my fellow teachers 30th birthday, and i gave her one of my cupcake cards, and she loved it. how can you resist such a cute image?

i just came home from a great time with my friend Paulina (check out her CUTE cards... she used buttons like me!)--we saw a movie and had burgers and fries (i had a milkshake) afterwards. so glad she's not sick anymore... it seems like we had a lot to catch up on! anyway, she was bugging me about posting a birthday wish list on my blog, and i'm caving to her *positive* peer pressure. (**mom, dad & nana--i KNOW you already have a present for me--don't get me anything else!**) i can't wait til May 1st!

Wish List (this is truly a wish list, items are in random order):
*the CD Freedom by Mandisa
*Creative Keepsakes magazine subscription
*spatula to use with my Cricut
*mat to use with my Cricut
*Netflix subscription (i blame this on YOU, Paulina!)
*The Verbal Art Companion by Kathryn VanTil
*a gun (not sure what kind, but a pistol, probably semi-automatic)
*ornate flower stamp from Impress Rubber Stamps
*large tree branch stamp from Impress Rubber Stamps
*japanese flower stamp from Impress Rubber Stamps
*DCWV Citrus Stack (12x12)
*DoodleFactory Country stamp set (or just the house and Julius)
*DoodleFactory Creatures in the large size - Twinkz, Scoober and Yapples
*DoodleFactory Fairytale stamp set (or just Princess Winifred and the Grand Castle)
*a good set of markers (to color in stamped images)
*any of the DeNami Design chickies, but especially the one with a flower, sweet sayings, sweet treats, or happy birthday sentiment
*1 1/2" square McGill Small Fancy Square Punch
*concert tickets (to a concert i can GO to--check my schedule)
*any BasicGrey paper
*really, any gift card to Michael's, JoAnn's, or even like a Visa/ Mastercard $$ card to spend on craft supplies
...wow, this list makes me sound obnoxiously materialistic. BUT, nevertheless, it is on request from a friend, (and i bet Cece could use some ideas) and i always think it's fun to see what people are wishing or dreaming of... it can give you ideas or dreams yourself. PLUS--wish lists give insight into a person you may have "known well" until you read their wish list. i know that looking at some of my brothers' lists when they were young made me laugh. they included things like a tree fort, a hole to China (i think they just tried to dig one anyway), and they asked for Legos, etc...

anyway, there you go cupcake! hope you have a great day, and a Happy Easter! He is Risen!

3 comments:

celi.a said...

MOST. ADORABLE. CARD. EVER.

you need to sell these commercially and make a fortune and then share it with me. awesome. glad we have a plan.

(i already have your present...maybe i'll add something from the list to it? eh...)

..::Paulina::.. said...

This card is adorable. LOVE the buttons! By the time Summer comes around, you're gonna have one huge stack to list on Etsy!

Thanks for posting the wish list! I think I know what I'm gonna get you, but have to work out all the details. :)

It was so fun hanging out today. With so many movies coming out soon, I don't think we'll have to wait to long to do it again!

Petra said...

Wow your card is stunning!!!
I saw that you are a follower of my blog, thank you! I did take a look on your, and you make the most fantastic card! I'll be back :):)
Bye Petra