Saturday, April 11, 2009

hey cupcake :)








i was so happy to finally get a chance to play with Laura's Sketch #23 at 2sketches4you last night. as usual, i changed some of the elements of the sketch and/ or moved them around, but i used the basic idea, and came up with a pretty cute card :)

did you like my natural lighting? i woke up this morning to take the picture, and i decided to pop outside and see what i could do... i put the card in the stand on the porch railing (thankfully there were no gusts of wind that knocked it over!) and took a few snapshots.

again, i'm using the red, black, and white combo--so crisp and elegant. i used VELVET ribbon on this, buttons from my stash, a Fiskars border punch, and stamps from Starving Artists (the cupcake) and Impress Rubber Stamps (the sentiment). i paper pieced the cupcake together with cardstock and patterrned paper from American Crafts, and i even popped out the icing like i did in a previous post, and i love the end result! today is one of my fellow teachers 30th birthday, and i gave her one of my cupcake cards, and she loved it. how can you resist such a cute image?

i just came home from a great time with my friend Paulina (check out her CUTE cards... she used buttons like me!)--we saw a movie and had burgers and fries (i had a milkshake) afterwards. so glad she's not sick anymore... it seems like we had a lot to catch up on! anyway, she was bugging me about posting a birthday wish list on my blog, and i'm caving to her *positive* peer pressure. (**mom, dad & nana--i KNOW you already have a present for me--don't get me anything else!**) i can't wait til May 1st!

Wish List (this is truly a wish list, items are in random order):
*the CD Freedom by Mandisa
*Creative Keepsakes magazine subscription
*spatula to use with my Cricut
*mat to use with my Cricut
*Netflix subscription (i blame this on YOU, Paulina!)
*The Verbal Art Companion by Kathryn VanTil
*a gun (not sure what kind, but a pistol, probably semi-automatic)
*ornate flower stamp from Impress Rubber Stamps
*large tree branch stamp from Impress Rubber Stamps
*japanese flower stamp from Impress Rubber Stamps
*DCWV Citrus Stack (12x12)
*DoodleFactory Country stamp set (or just the house and Julius)
*DoodleFactory Creatures in the large size - Twinkz, Scoober and Yapples
*DoodleFactory Fairytale stamp set (or just Princess Winifred and the Grand Castle)
*a good set of markers (to color in stamped images)
*any of the DeNami Design chickies, but especially the one with a flower, sweet sayings, sweet treats, or happy birthday sentiment
*1 1/2" square McGill Small Fancy Square Punch
*concert tickets (to a concert i can GO to--check my schedule)
*any BasicGrey paper
*really, any gift card to Michael's, JoAnn's, or even like a Visa/ Mastercard $$ card to spend on craft supplies
...wow, this list makes me sound obnoxiously materialistic. BUT, nevertheless, it is on request from a friend, (and i bet Cece could use some ideas) and i always think it's fun to see what people are wishing or dreaming of... it can give you ideas or dreams yourself. PLUS--wish lists give insight into a person you may have "known well" until you read their wish list. i know that looking at some of my brothers' lists when they were young made me laugh. they included things like a tree fort, a hole to China (i think they just tried to dig one anyway), and they asked for Legos, etc...

anyway, there you go cupcake! hope you have a great day, and a Happy Easter! He is Risen!

3 comments:

Cecelia said...

MOST. ADORABLE. CARD. EVER.

you need to sell these commercially and make a fortune and then share it with me. awesome. glad we have a plan.

(i already have your present...maybe i'll add something from the list to it? eh...)

Paulina said...

This card is adorable. LOVE the buttons! By the time Summer comes around, you're gonna have one huge stack to list on Etsy!

Thanks for posting the wish list! I think I know what I'm gonna get you, but have to work out all the details. :)

It was so fun hanging out today. With so many movies coming out soon, I don't think we'll have to wait to long to do it again!

Petra said...

Wow your card is stunning!!!
I saw that you are a follower of my blog, thank you! I did take a look on your, and you make the most fantastic card! I'll be back :):)
Bye Petra