Thursday, April 22, 2010

fortune cookie

did you ever do that thing where you read a fortune cookie fortune and added the phrase, 'in bed' at the end? just to be semi-crude and twisted? i think that i did that EVERY single time i went to the local Chinese restaurant in my college town back in PA. and i know it's not just a 'college' thing because the A Muse company has a sentiment set that does the exact same thing... except you can use the sentiments a la carte, or with the 'in bed' phrase :D

so i decided to finally use those sentiments on one of my cards. this is a great 'just because' card--i gave it to a friend who needed a little laughter and relaxation in her busy life. and i used the 'in bed' addition on the inside :D

so here's what the card reads: "Your hard work and efforts will be recognized and surely rewarded..." and then, "in bed" is on the inside :D haha. my friend appreciated the humor, but i know lots of people would be either offended or confused... do you have people that you know you can't give 'punny' cards to? i think that things like that make life so much more fun :D

anyway, i used some more Sassafras papers that i split with Amy, and also some October Afternoon rub-ons (i applied the owl to Bazzill cardstock and then cut him out) an Impress stamp for the branch, and some K&Co flower sequins (to make the owl from a 'he' to a 'she'). you can also see the QUITE different card i made the other day in THIS post using some totally different Sassy papers :D

i love the bright colors in this card... stripes are such a good way to pack in a ton of patterns or colors into a small space, while not crowding anything too much.

well, what do you think? do you approve of this message? the colors? tell me! i love finding out what you think!

thanks for stopping by :D

1 comment:

Lisa Petrella said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! So super cute! I love the owl with the flower on her head, the stripes, the ribbon, the colors...and that sentiment...hahaha....so much fun!! I will have to check out that stamp set!

My husband and I still tack that phrase on to the end of our fortunes when we go out for Chinese food!! (uh hum...and we're in our mid-thirties...HA!)

Just out of curiosity...which college did you go to in PA? I went to IUP. :) I grew up in Pittsburgh.