Wednesday, April 21, 2010

flowery 'thanks'

okay, so i mentioned a few posts ago that i was splitting some Sassafras supplies with Amy, and i ended up getting to meet her in order to pass on the goodies--> that's what i call a win-win situation!

so when we were talking, Amy mentioned that she wanted to see something using these supplies (she's so good about pulling things out of her stash and then mixing in something new) on my blog. well, i finally got around to it a while ago, but it seems that my schedule for actual posting got in the way, and i'm finally getting it done NOW.

but it's better now than never.

i pulled out one of the double-sided papers with a softer color scheme. just so you're not confused, that's not my normal style... normally i'd do a diving leap over to the brightest colors of the bunch, but i thought a different attack might work better differently for a change... :D

anyway, i ended up looking through some of my supplies and found some great coordinating products... MM chipboard alphas, a doily, BoBunny flower, some DCWV stitch rub-ons, and a Sassafras button from Paulina.

this card didn't require any stamping, and it was amazing! i actually quite like the end result, which is always good when one is trying something new.

speaking of new, i have posted a *new* kind of feature for me... just some ramblings on my life. so if you're bored, interested, or both, head on over and check it out.

thanks for stopping by, and also for leaving your comments--it means a lot to me!

3 comments:

Paulina said...

If I wasn't friends with you IRL, I would have thought something happened to you! :p So glad that you got a post up....it's a cute one!

Cecelia said...

Super cute card! I like the muted color palette - new for you, but you work it well.

~amy~ said...

yahoooo....lovin' your sassafras card! You've been so quiet...glad to see your posting! good grief, I love that doily!