Monday, October 8, 2012

monday manicure: good & not so good konad stamping...

hi there! happy monday!

last week marked my second week at school for the year (even though students have been there since the day after Labor Day).  it was a great and super busy week.  i put some finishing touches on my classrooms, went to band practice (we're gearing up for our Christmas concerts: SO excited!), and basically attended about three different meetings/ appointments besides that.

oh, and i found a new place to live.  and i am probably going to move next weekend.

it's been a whirlwind kind of month around here...  but i know it's what God wants me to do and where He wants me to be.  and i take comfort daily in that reminder :D

so... today i actually wanted to showcase some manicures that i sported within a week of each other.  now, usually i don't do stamping that close together (time!) but i've been getting a LOT quicker, so i did it anyway.

the first picture is of the manicure that i wore to my interviews when i got the job.  so it was a pink base from China Glaze and then the black konad polish on top with a Cheeky super size plate.  my nails are quite large, so it's a bit of a pain to get a design to transfer cleanly to my whole nail.

so, yeah.  this is the not so good stamping picture example.  i loved the colors and the design on the plate, but i know i was in a bigger hurry, so that might have contributed to the messiness.


next, this is the manicure that i wore for the first Friday of my teaching week... red and black happen to match the colors of both schools i'm teaching at, so i thought it was perfect!

i used a red China Glaze base and a sparkly (think ruby shoes--Dorothy style) Finger Paints polish over it.  then the konad special polish in black with the zebra print plate (konad as well).  i also too the time to make my ring finger a bit more blingy...  the little jewels were something of a pain to place perfectly, but i love the end result.  lots of shine in the end with the Seche Vite top coat. 


i love hearing your comments about my manicures... i know it's not crafting related, so it's nice to know you still read these posts :D

thanks for stopping by! xoxo

2 comments:

Kimberly Rendino said...

But it kind of is crafting related, lol!!! I love looking at/doing manicures. I think it is just another creative outlet for us card making gals! I really like the zebra print over the red. It looks pretty and super shiny!

Geri said...

I'm sure your students LOVE those nails you sport at school! You've got a great attitude, Ginny...hang in there, and thanks for sharin'!