Friday, March 26, 2010

spring card + cleaning

thanks to everyone who visited yesterday during the PTI blog hop... i love reading all your sweet comments!

i love looking at everyone's perspectives, and blog hopping gives me lots of inspiration... if you participated and i didn't stop by your blog, i'd love for you to leave me a link in the comments section.

today is a beautiful day (again) in Washington after some rainy days, and i'm a huge fan of fun and bright colors... i thought it was a good day to share a spring-ish card with you.

i made this one while a friend of mine was over--she brought some lovely MME paper, and i used some ribbon from my stash as well as a few flowers (Prima, Making Memories, and BoBunny). no sentiment on this card... it can be an 'anything' card...

i've got a whole bunch of things to do this weekend, i only have one more week until my spring break for teaching... totally looking forward to it.

but before i start my break, there's a few things that i'll be doing--i'll be cleaning a little, vacuuming out my car, doing taxes (1st time by myself--yikes!), baking more bread and cookies (yummy), and i'll also be trying a pork tortilla recipe for the crock pot. also, i've been wanting potato salad and egg salad sandwiches (i think it's the advent of Easter that is provokin my desire for boiled egss... i love coloring eggs) so i'll probably make some of that too. i have almost all of my pictures/ posters hung up, but that's my last project of 'moving in' that i have. here's a picture of one of my wall frame groupings...


i'm also going to be hanging these tissue paper pom poms from the ceiling in a few of my rooms... it'll be awesome when i'm done. i'll share pictures, don't worry :D


hope your plans for the weekend are fun... and that you get to fit in some creating!

5 comments:

Cecelia said...

Pretty card! I can't wait to see what those pom-poms look like - I may have to put in a request of my own! Have an awesome weekend, my dear.

Jenny said...

Pretty card!! :) Love how you decorated your room, its great... can you come arrange my pictures in my office? lol im super horrible about that! and thank you for the sweet comment on my blog hope you come back and visit me again soon!! :)

Jenny said...

ps: your twitter thing keeps popping up something everytime i visit your blog... dunno why ?

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! I love the pink and green!

You living room looks great...the pops of pink are so fun!

(-: Heidi

~amy~ said...

what a cute card...love the colors...your room is fabbie...love the poms...can't wait to see those!!!

Hope you got my mail:) btw, how was the crock pot recipe?