Monday, November 26, 2012

because i still have a heart...

how was your Thanksgiving (if you celebrated it)?  do you still have leftovers?  (mine are currently tupperware'd up into 7 lunch portions... not sure what i'm going to do with the rest of it...)  has it turned chilly where you live?

i thought i'd pop in here again to share a quick project i made from some scraps on my craft table (to be honest, this was a long time ago).  i know i have been gone for about a month? well, maybe not a month, but it feels like it... every time i think about the blog, i think--"GOSH, why haven't i posted?" and then i move on to the next thing and forget that passing thought about this blog...

things have been going on over here though:
  • i hosted Thanksgiving at my apartment this year, made my first turkey, and first gravy, and it turned out GREAT! everyone had a great time, we enjoyed the company and food, and it was just right.  i so enjoyed my Thanksgiving this year.  it was needed.
  • i re-arranged my living room furniture to make room for another couch.  it has a more "grown-up" feel now, by virtue of the layout.  i like it a lot.
  • i have the bare bones of my Christmas tree up.  half of the pre-lit clear lights aren't working (which isn't a big deal since i cover my tree in about 8 strands of pink lights, so yah.)
  • i am doing my National Boards (NBCT) for teaching, and my brain is unable to contain the needed information.  hence, my phone and planner are my substitute 'brain books.' if i lost either of them, i know i would have a nervous break down.
  • i have made about three trips to IKEA recently. had some returns, bought a floor lamp, more curtains, and other general house-things.
  • i have my ears pierced.  i am buying myself cute earrings as i see them.  no rush, though.
  • i have three major commitments/ concerts with my band next weekend--it's officially the Christmas season!
  • my apartment is slowly but surely getting decorated... more slowly than surely, i'd say though.  my goal is to have it all done before my sister, brother, aunt, and grandma come to visit for Christmas. 
anyway, on to my card.  *good for you if you've made it this far... and if you skipped that other stuff, oh well!*



the gray, the white, and the little bits of red make me smile.  i love layers, so of course i have a funky flower there :D

hope you enjoyed, hope to be back more often than before.  let me know what you've been up to!

thanks for stopping by, xoxo!

No comments: